So, without further ado..
So Simply Stephanie’s Blogging Goals for 2014:
1. Blog Schedule!
Honestly, I have never had much of a true schedule with So Simply Stephanie, and it has showed. I am a spontaneous person and I like to write when the urge hits me, and write about whatever intrigues me at the moment. (Another reason I was never able to turn So Simply Stephanie into a particular niche.)
Any professional blogger knows the importance of setting up a blog schedule. My other blog, Stephanie’s Book Shelf, which is primarily dedicated to books & authors, is always scheduled/planned ahead of time-sometimes weeks or months in advance. It requires me to be very organized and preschedule posts ahead of time. Needless to say, it has done very well and always had fresh content daily. (I say “had” because while the blog is still up, I’m not longer adding new posts since am merging the best posts with So Simply Stephanie.)
I have several new things coming to So Simply Stephanie in 2014 (I can’t wait to share them with you,) and to keep up with all these exciting new changes a schedule will be an absolute necessity! So, above all, my #1 blogging goal for 2014 is setting a blogging schedule! It will help insure I reach the rest of my goals and stay organized!
2. 5 Posts Per Week!
Another reason I’m going to need to keep a posting schedule! I want achieve at least five, interesting and engaging posts per week. That’s a lot considering I work a full-time job plus, I’m a full-time wife and a full-time mom!
I plan on having guest posts so that will help with some of the content ideas, however, it won’t even begin make a dent in my posting schedule. My posts will include craft projects, recipes, product reviews, how-to’s, parenting topics, the occasional book review, and everyday life posts.
(Oh, and by the way, if you would like to share a guest post on So Simply Stephanie, please email me your ideas at email@example.com.)
3. 10, 000 Fans, Follower s & Subscribers!
Yes, I just went there! I had nearly 3,000 fans, followers and subscribers over at WordPress counting my personal social media. However, starting over with the new branded profiles, I started back over with a big, fat “0”. In the last two weeks I have managed to bring both of them up to 125+ for both Twitter and Facebook. Not bad considering the holidays! I still need to set up my new Google+ profile, and while my Pinterest Profile is my personal profile, I plan on keeping it the same. I don’t see the need in having two Pinterest account s. However, I have a lot of work and a lot of great, quality-content posts to publish to increase the total to 10,000. On Average, that’s 28 new followers a day!
To help me achieve my 10K Fans, Followers & Subscribers goal, I have a little game plan I plan on putting in action:
· At least one blog hop a month, on a variety of different niches. This will help me not only network with other blogs, but find new fans & followers for both my social media and my blog. To help me kick-start this part of the game plan, I have already put together the 2014 Sweetheart Blog Hop. It’s a multi-nich blog hop that will feature a variety of Valentine’s Day theme recipes, books, crafts and more. Read more about it or sign up at the 2014 Sweetheart Blog Hop.
· Making sure to pin, tweet and share my blog posts. I know, this can take a couple minutes per post but they it can make a huge difference. Right now, I haven’t been pinning my posts as much as I would like to. I know that pinning works! I have a single blog posts that has had over 60K pins. When I changed blog platforms, I lost all those pins. But, time to start again!
· Replying to all my comments. Oh, this is a big one for me. There are hundreds of comments I have received and not replied to. Not because I don’t appreciate every single comment I get, or because they weren’t worthy of a reply (though I do my best to reply to questions or applicable comments) but simply because there are times when I don’t have time. I moderate all comment sand usually post from my ‘you got a new comment’ email that Blogger sends me and 95% of the time I do that through on my cell phone so that they comments go live rather quickly. NO MORE! I will do my best to respond to every single comment in order to build relationships with my readers/commenters in hopes of building a greater and truly interested fan base!
· An Awesome Newsletter! MailChimp has a great tool for creating and sending beautiful newsletters! I plan on using it to recap my most engaging posts. I want to start with a bi-weekly newsletter and then move on to maybe a weekly newsletter if my schedule allows. If not, bi-weekly will still be useful. I can highlight my best posts from the previous two weeks, any current events, giveaways and feature awesome tools and sites I come across. I have added my Subscribe to My Newsletter option near the top of my sidebar! So far, the subscribers are coming along pretty well.
4. Product Reviews
This is one of the things I am most excited about for 2014. I have done countless book reviews on my other blog, but now it’s time to branch out! I want to get into product reviews for big name brands and sponsors. Not for the money, but more for the enjoyment of blogging about the products themselves. I know in order to do this I have got to complete goal #1, 2 & 3!
5. Reach 100,000 Pageviews for 2014!
This is a minimal goal! I would love to see 365,000 pageviews- a daily average of 1,000 views a day, but considering a new platform, Google’s continuous changes and the evolution of online blogging in general, I want to keep it realistic and obtainable. At 100k, that’s only 273 views a day and very achievable! I would love to see the 365k a year, which would be 1k daily pageviews and believe I will be closer to that daily average by mid-year so I may or may not actually hit the 365k total. Hey, I like to go big or go home! But I will keep it realistic with 100, 000 total pageviews for the year. I have a couple season posts that easily get 1k hits a day during the holidays, but that’s not enough to keep me going. I need evergreen content getting 1k views a day!
Well, there you have it! My Blog Goals for 2014.What do you think? Do you have any of these same goals?
For the latest recipes, crafts, gardening ideas, how-to’s, giveaways and more, follow me at: