Unlike other homemade peanut butter cookies I have tasted, these have LOTS of peanut butter flavor and are very rich.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Ingredients:1 cup peanut butter (your favorite brand- crunchy or creamy)
1 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare cookie sheet by lightly greasing, adding parchment paper or using a silicone baking mat. (I prefer silicone baking mats because it’s so much easier. They work great, are easy to clean up and you usually don’t need a baking rack. Simply take the mat with the cookies off the pan and place them on the counter.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine one egg, one cup of sugar (regular granulated sugar!) and one cup of peanut butter. Mix well. It will require a good mixer or a little elbow grease to get started since the peanut butter and sugar will be kind of pasty. It usually only takes about 30-40 strokes by hand so nothing too tiring, I promise!
- After you have your cookie ingredients mixed well, spoon dough onto the cookie sheet or roll into 1 ½ inch balls. Then gently mash with a fork to create a cookie shape. Leave them about ½ inch thick because as they cook they will flatten out a little more, but not much. I like to also turn my fork sideways to create the lovely thatched-look. Since there is no flour in this dough, it will not rise so the size you make now, will be close the size they will be when they come out of the oven…
- Place in the oven and cook 7-10 minutes until edges are just starting to turn golden. Yes, I know peanut butter is already a golden brown color but you will see a difference. The time will vary based on your oven along with the size of the cookies.
Want to save this recipe?
Pin It so that you can find it quickly or, share this Facebook Post to save it to your timeline.